Friday, June 14, 2013

Today

I saw an old couple today grey hair billowed in the wind on the back of a tricked out Harley they smiled and waved as they drove away.
I saw an old couple today side by side the rocked gently in the front porch shade I smiled and waved as I drove away.
I saw an old couple today he carressed her hand while silently she laid. I could hear the soft buzzing of the machines as I closed the door and walked away.
I saw an old couple today they laughed and reminisced across the table. He gave her half of his cheeseburger as the waitress smiled and walked away.
I saw an old couple today she peered into the darkness as his casket was lowered away. Tears graced her flushed, pale cheeks as one by one the mourners walked away.
I stopped for a moment to remember how swiftly life passes away.
(C) R.M. Brandon 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment